Climate of Christchurch, New Zealand Average Weather
- Christchurch, new-zealand, 43°31'S, 172°37'E, 7 m (23 ft)
- Christchurch has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Christchurch is close to the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 11.7 degrees Celsius (53.1 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 615.2 mm (24.2 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 1990 hours.
- If Christchurch were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: