| < August >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Christchurch in August is a little cool at 7.1 °C (44.78 °F).
- Afternoons can be quite mild with average high temperatures reaching 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cool with an average low of 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- The range/ variation of daily mean temperatures in August is 10 °C (18 °F).
- The weather in August is slightly dry with rain, sleet or snow now and again. Only 59.5mm (2.3in) of H2O is dropped across an average of 11 days.
- The heavens above Christchurch are slightly fair with an average of a modest 4:40 of dazzling sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 9:46 long and the longest day is 11:07 long with an average length of 10:25.
- There are approximately 5:34 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 45.7% of daylight hours and cloudy 54.3% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Christchurch August averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for August in Christchurch, New Zealand
Navigate to August Weather in Locations Surrounding Christchurch: