| < December >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Christchurch in December is very mild at 15.9 °C (60.62 °F).
- Afternoons can be warm with average high temperatures reaching 20 °C (68 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 11 °C (51.8 °F).
- In December there is a variation/ range of daily average temperatures of 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in December is a little parched with rain now and again. A mere 45.1mm (1.8in) of H2O is laid down across on average 11 days.
- In December the blue above Christchurch is reasonably fine having on balance a detectable 6:15 of beaming solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 15:11 long and the longest day is 15:25 long with an average length of 15:21.
- There are approximately 8:55 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 41.2% of daylight hours and cloudy 58.8% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Christchurch December averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for December in Christchurch, New Zealand
Navigate to December Weather in Locations Surrounding Christchurch: