| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Christchurch in January is very mild at 17.2 °C (62.96 °F).
- Afternoons can be really warm with average high temperatures reaching 22 °C (71.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- In January there is a range/ variation of daily average temperatures of 10 °C (18 °F).
- The weather in January is a little parched with rain at times. A mere 46.4mm (1.8in) of liquid falls across an average of 10 days.
- In January the skies in Christchurch are fine having on balance a measurable 6:56 of brilliant solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 14:33 long and the longest day is 15:20 long with an average length of 15:00.
- There are approximately 7:54 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 46.7% of daylight hours and cloudy 53.3% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Christchurch January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Christchurch, New Zealand
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Christchurch: