| < March >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Christchurch in March is mild at 15.2 °C (59.36 °F).
- Afternoons can be somewhat warm with average high temperatures reaching 19 °C (66.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 10 °C (50 °F).
- In March the average diurnal temperature range/ variation is 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in March is slightly dry with some rain. Only 57.5mm (2.3in) of water is laid down across an average of 9 days.
- The skies in Christchurch are fair having on balance an unexceptional 5:36 of splendid sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 11:43 long and the longest day is 13:15 long with an average length of 12:29.
- There are approximately 6:42 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 45.6% of daylight hours and cloudy 54.4% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Christchurch March averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for March in Christchurch, New Zealand
Navigate to March Weather in Locations Surrounding Christchurch: