| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Christchurch in May is a little cool at 8.8 °C (47.84 °F).
- Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 14 °C (57.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cool with an average low of 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- The average daily temperature range/ variation in May is 10 °C (18 °F).
- The weather in May is slightly dry with rain occasionally. Only 57.6mm (2.3in) of liquid tumbles during on average 12 days.
- In May the skies in Christchurch are a little dull having on balance a modest 4:17 of gorgeous sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 9:11 long and the longest day is 10:14 long with an average length of 9:39.
- There are approximately 5:12 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 45.2% of daylight hours and cloudy 54.8% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Christchurch May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Christchurch, New Zealand
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Christchurch: